Saturday, March 3, 2007

Foot Loose and Passy Free!



It has been over a month since Eily gave up her pacifier (aka Pass). It was a big thing for her and we are so proud of how well she has done. She only used it for sleepy time or occasionally if she was very upset, but it was a part of her routine and she loved it. We had been looking for signs and she really seemed ready. She had a couple of nights were she woke up and seemed like she was missing something but in her sleepy haze really didn't know what. On about day 3 she pointed to the cupboard (she knew they were kept there) and asked for it, at which I had to quickly decide whether or not I should explain it or just distract her. I decided she should know the truth, and showed her that the space was empty and told her they were all gone. She was upset for a few seconds but I then said lets go find purple cat (her replacement comfort item) and she was fine! We thought it she would of missed it more, but really she took her nap without it one day and just never looked back. She is such a big girl now!

0 comments: