Well, hello everybody...I know it's been a while. My apologies, life has been crazy lately, between trying to get back into the flow of work and being a single dad. I was sick, they were sick, doctors appointments, shots, on and on and on.
Life is much rougher lately...I find myself getting angrier easier...the trick is finding an outlet. I obviously cannot lash out at the kids...not only would it be highly detrimental to them and kind of cruel, it's not fair for me to let my frustrations out on them. I have a lot of regrets and they've been eating at me a lot lately...but this is a topic for a later post.
Now, on to the fun stuff...the kiddo's.
First, I was supposed to post these forever ago...these pictures were taken around Cavy's 3 month birthday.


What a smile, huh? He's so bloody cute it's not even funny. On to his new tricks...his head is more or less stable now, in fact if you put him on his stomach he will hold it up and look around...for quite a long time. I had him on the floor the other day for the better part of 20 minutes and he never put it down. When you put him on his belly though, he's trying to move. He's already trying to lift himself up with his arms and is frog kicking his legs...I'm in so much trouble. I think we're gonna break out the Exersaucer this week and see how he does...I'll be sure to get lots of pictures.
Speaking of pictures...below are a bunch of pictures that I took today...this series is where the post title came from. I just think he looks so adorable (and grown up) in this outfit. And Christy would have just loved the brown/green combo.








On to Eilish...the little peanut. Her pediatrician agrees, at their doctors appointments a couple of weeks ago, we were talking about how big Cavan is (24 inches, 12 lbs 13 oz...all 50th percentile or above) and her (the pediatrician) comment about Eilish..."She's...umm...petite...isn't she." Hilarious. For the record she was 34 inches and 26.8 lbs...however the weight is skewed because she was still wearing her coat and shoes. They literally don't have a chart that tracks low enough to plot her stats on...but as the doctor said, she's very proportional, so she's fine...just small.
She's growing up so fast...the things she likes to do, the things that she can say, the way that she behaves...I just can't believe it. I still have a hard time sometimes truly realizing that I really am someones dad...and she's going to turn three next month...three, wow! Here are some great pictures of her...she's in short sleeves because it's been gorgeous here for the last week...sunny and in the 50s...we've had the house open and everything.



With that I will leave you until next time...I know you are all waiting for me to memorialize Christy...I just can't...yet. On the positive side of things, I finally got around to having Cavan's birth announcements made and they should be going out this week.


1 comments:
The kids are absolutely gorgeous - just beautiful! I can't believe how big they're both getting!! Even Eily, despite being "petite", still looks like such a big girl to me :)
Post a Comment