Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wow...what a summer

With summer winding down, I'm finally back with a new post...and wow, what a crazy summer it was. Grandma and Grandpa showed up in late June...grandma stayed with us until mid-July and then hijacked the kids and took the back to Michigan...leaving Dad here...all by himself. While the peace and quiet was kind of nice...I had quite a hard time adjusting to life without the kids.

Anyway...on to the kids.

Eilish is growing...finally. She's starting to fill out a bit (you can see in the pictures below)and has gotten a little bit taller. She's actually fitting 2T sized clothes really well and her 3T stuff doesn't look so huge on her anymore. Other than that, she is mostly busy playing and helping daddy keep track of her little brother. Although, she has developed a healthy obsession with the Disney Princesses this summer. Mulan is now her favorite movie...although The Little Mermaid, Snow White and Cinderella are very close seconds.

On the downside, the Wonder Peanut is starting to demonstrate her age a little. She's gotten moody, can swing from happy to sad in a second flat and is starting to get a little physical with her little brother when he does something she doesn't like...although that will end soon, I think...more on that later on. Typical 3 year old stuff...as annoying as it can get, it's actually a little refreshing to see her do something that is consistent with her age...instead of consistent with that of an older child.

And the biggest news of all...Eily has upgraded into a big girl bed! Daddy took the front off of her crib and made it into the toddler conversion. Her reaction was absolutely precious. We put her in it and she sat their looking around and says, "I am a big girl!" in the most astonished tone of voice. Up until that point, whenever we'd tell her she was a big girl her response was, "No! I tiny!".

Cav...what to say about the kid. He's nothing short of amazing. In the short amount of time that Grandma stayed with us, he went from doing the inch worm thing, to crawling, to pulling himself up on things, to cruising, to attempting to free stand in the middle of the room...he still can't do the last one yet...but don't tell him that. Since then, he's gotten to where he can pull himself up with one hand, stand with one hand (barely) holding on to something, transition between pieces of furniture while he's cruising around, and the kicker...he can walk while only holding one of dad's hands...not both. The kid is growing way to fast...for those of you keeping track...he just turned 10 months old a week and a half ago.

Speaking of growing...right after the kids got back from Michigan, Cav had a pretty good cold going. It seemed a little more persistent than normal, so I took him to the doctor (just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to his chest or something). So he got weighed again...21 lbs 14 oz. This was 4 weeks ago, already. Eilish at one, weighed 22 lbs...Eilish at 3 weighs 27...thus why I said that I don't think she'll be knocking him around for long. He may be bigger than she is now when he turns one at the rate the little horse is growing.

Anyway...I'm slowly going through the 700+ photos that were taken this summer between grandma and daddy. As I get them done, I'm going to put together slide shows like the one right underneath this post. Hopefully it won't take me forever to get the next one done!!! I will let you know as I get them done.

0 comments: