Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eily and Cavy do America...

It's been a big month for the kiddo's. They've been putting in lots of miles travelling all over the place. It started with a big adventure when they left Daddy and went with Grandma and Grandpa back to Michigan. They had a great time, playing in the water (sprinkler, hose, pool and water table) and running around like crazy kids. I'm so happy that they got to get home and see all those that love them and don't get to see them often enough. Especially considering it looks like we won't be making it home for Christmas this year, like the last couple of years.

When they finally came home, we went on another adventure. This time to explore the state that we live in. We went out to the Pacific Shore and spent four days checking out the beaches and Olympic National Park.

I'm still busy collecting a whole summer worth of pictures, below here are only the pictures of our trip to the ocean. I will try and get more of the other summer pictures up, but as usual I make no guarentees. LOL

This is how our trip started...they do love each other.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Eily getting her first good look at the ocean
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hiking the trials in the Hoh Rainforest (Olympic national park...one of two temperate rainforests in the world). Eilish thought she was Dora I think...she charged ahead and did everything herself...until she was so hot and tired that she couldn't anymore. It was hilarious.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some very cool scenery available on the Western Washington Coast...some pictures from lookouts over some beaches...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunset over the Pacific...
Photobucket

No trip to the beach is complete without letting the kids play in the sand...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...or walking into the ocean!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And you just have to love this picture as Dad carries them off to their next toe dipping spot!!!
Photobucket

Anyway...that's all for now...I will try to get more summer pictures up, but they may end up getting pre-empted by pictures of Eily starting her dance class, Halloween, Cav's second birthday (yes, it's barely two months away) and all the other crazyness that goes on post summer.

0 comments: