Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

Hello all...sorry to be a little behind on these...so today we're going to have a post that covers oh...I don't know...about a month worth of pictures. But of course, the majority of the post is devoted to Halloween!!!!

So the first part of this post is devoted to Eily's first field trip and the homework that resulted from it. So Eily gets to go to a field trip and they went to...the pumpkin patch!!! We don't have any pictures at the pumpkin patch...I couldn't go...but she got to pick out her own pumpkin. The only rule was it had to be small enough that she could carry it herself...and not need help...well she picked a pretty good one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After that she had a homework assignment to guess the number of seeds inside the pumpkin and then to gut the thing and count them. She guessed 100 and the count was somewhere around 270 (she counted 10 at a time and made a mark to keep track).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And that leads us up to Halloween. Thy both have been just terribly excited leading up to this...we've been watching Halloween shows and practicing our trick or treats, and today was finally the day to put it into practice. This was the first time that Cav really understood what was going on and was actually looking forward to Trick or Treating this year. So we get ready to go....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And out we go...might I mention, this was the first time (out of 5) that it was actually dry enough for me to take my kids out door to door for Halloween...normally we get stuck in the mall. Anyhew, out we go...and none of the apartments in my side of the complex were doing Halloween...we walked around for 15 minutes...couldn't find anything. Eily was getting so discouraged...so dad walks them out of our loop and over to the next loop...and the party was on. All kinds of people were giving out candy here...so the trick or treating began in earnest.

Cavan had a great time...every time he walked past another trick or treater he would say "Trick or Treat, I'm in a costume!!!!" Then everytime someone opened their door to give him candy he tried to walk into there house and make himself at home!! It was hilarious...I unfortunatly don't have pictures of his little home invasions...mostly because I was busy trying to get him out of other peoples houses...but I do have some other pictures of our trick or treating adventures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And of course, dressing up, going out, and invading other peoples homes is only part of the fun...it doesn't really matter if you don't get the candy out of it. Despite our slow start...I think they did pretty good...

Photobucket

Full bags!!! Not bad...

Happy Halloween, everyone.

0 comments: