Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's the Holidays...and that means...dance recital!

First off, I want to apologize for breaking a short running tradition and not bringing the kids back to Michigan this year for Christmas. In case you haven't heard...three years of hard work has finally paid off. The historic first flight of the brand new 787-8 is tenativly scheduled for Tuesday, December 15th, 2009 at 10:30am (Pacific Time). I say tentativly, because it is dependent on the weather, which is not exactly predictable here this time of year. That of course means that there is a tremendous amount of work to get the design of the first derivative aircraft (787-9) under way. So I have several major design presentations to upper management (I'm designing several new parts based off of new and updated technologies that are unique to the aircraft) before and after the holidays, so it isn't possible for me to come home.

BTW: if you want to watch the 787 first flight, it will be webast live at www.newairplane.com.

Anyway...now that that is out of the way...on to the real point of this post...

Yesterday Eilish had her holiday recital!!! Her first recital since she joined her dance class. She did great!!! She was poised, unaffected by the large crowd, did her best and smiled the whole time...Daddy couldn't ask for more. I have a bunch of pictures, unfortuatly they are a little fuzzy due to the fact that I was pretty far away and we were asked not to use the flash on the camera.

Getting ready!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The Dance (Song: Here comes Santa Claus) - Eilish is the one on the far right
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Doing Circles...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Now she is the 2nd one from the right
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the dance...back at home
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cav just couldn't stand that she was getting all the attention, so he jumped in front of one of the pictures...
Photobucket

She had a great time and told me that she wasn't scared in front of 500+ people. She's getting so big!!!

I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday!!!!

0 comments: