Eilish first...
I cannot believe her birthday is next week. I cannot believe that she is going to be 4!!! How did that happen???? Four years old...she's getting so big too...I just don't know what to do with her sometimes.
She's finally potty training really well. She is down to only wearing pull-ups during rest times...the rest of the time she's in underwear and she goes potty without too much prompting. I don't even know when the last time she had an accident was...she's doing so great...I'm so proud of her.
On top of that, she's finally growing some...those of you that got a chance to see her around Christmas likely noticed something...Cav was nearly as tall and nearly as heavy as she was...that has changed...quite a bit. Cav hasn't stopped growing...that's for sure (more on him later), but Miss Eily is now (finally) over 30 lbs and is a full head taller than her brother again.
She's so smart too...every night, Dad reads her a book and then tells her a short made up story before bed. Well, the last couple of weeks, she's turned it around on me. Now she's making up stories for me...it's really impressive. She takes the bits and pieces of all the "Princess Eily and Prince Daddy" stories that I've told her and uses them to create completely new stories.
On top of that, we're (mostly her nanny and her) working on teaching her how to write her letters and numbers and other general kindergarten prep. She doesn't start school until the fall of 2010, but I figured it was time to get her started...after all...the schools here require that she be able to read (at a "See Jane run" kind of level) and be prepared to start arithmetic when they enter kindergarten.
The best part is that Eily the camera ham has made a reappearance. It's not every time the camera comes out like it used to be (before her momma passed)...but it's a lot more frequent that it has been any time since then...see the pictures below.
Eily the ham...pre-haircut




Eily the ham...post haircut




Eily in some of her pretty new princess dresses





Cavan...well the kid is something else. He's huge (nearly 28 lbs last he was checked...he's got to be around 30 by now)...when you put him and Eily back to back, he's broader across the shoulders, chest and hips than she is...the only thing is, he's shorter.
He's also become much more physically adept...he's walking with absolutely no issues now, it's still kind of stiff legged, but he's well balanced and only crawls as a last resort now. He's taken to climbing anything he can...the couch, the toy box, the kids small play table...heck, this past weekend, I'm making his breakfast and I look over to the side and he's standing on Eilish's chair (at the kitchen table) leaning out trying to get his hands on one of her left over chicken nuggets from the night before!!!
He's also getting so smart...he can say a few of the typicals (Daddy, baby, momma, Hi, bye, hey), he's also got his sisters name down (Eily...not Eilish) and his nanny's (Ashley). He understands some signs (more, help, stop, all gone, milk, drink, eat) but he refuses to do them...he just sits there and smiles at you. He's started actually playing with his toys too...instead of haphazardly flinging them all over the room.
Cavy in his new "grown up" cloths



Cav the pimp...well kinda!




Yes, my children are bucketheads!!

All in all they're are a pretty amazing group of kids...I know they are what keeps me going. Anyway, enjoy the pictures...their should be a video below this...and I'll try and not be such a stranger...especially now that my computer is being somewhat more cooperative.


0 comments:
Post a Comment